All copyright and other rights that subsist in the home page and in the sub-domain pages of the website www.ladybarnhouse.org (“the Site”) are owned by Lady Barn House School Ltd. (Registered Charity No 1042587 (“LBHS”) or other parties.
All use of the Site is subject to the following terms and conditions of use:
1. If you are not using the Site on behalf of a member of LBHS, you may browse, download, view, print, copy onto the hard disk of your computer (but not photocopy) and use all material from the Site for your own personal, non-commercial purposes as a personal information resource in good faith only. Any other type of use requires the prior written agreement of LBHS.
2. If you are using the Site on behalf of a member of LBHS and are authorised to do so, you may use the material on the Site in good faith for the purposes of promoting efficient and effective administration and carrying out ancillary services.
3. The information on this site is intended for general information purposes only and is not intended to serve as financial or other advice, nor as the basis of a contract. Your use of the website is at your risk. Lady Barn House School does not warrant or represent that Lady Barn House School’s material is accurate, error-free, truthful or reliable or that your use of Lady Barn House School ‘s Material will not infringe rights of third parties. Lady Barn House School does not warrant that the functional use of the website will be error-free or that this website or the server that makes it available are free of viruses or other harmful components. If your use of this website or Lady Barn House School ‘s Material results in the need for servicing or replacing property, material, equipment or data, Lady Barn House School is not responsible for those costs. Without limiting the foregoing, everything on the website is provided to you “as is” and “as available” without warranty of any kind, either expressed or implied, including, but not limited to, the implied warranties of merchantability, satisfactory quality, fitness for a particular purpose, reasonable care and skill, or non-infringement. Lady Barn House School and its suppliers make no warranties about the accuracy, reliability, completeness, or timeliness of the Lady Barn House School material, software text, graphics, and links, or about results to be obtained from using the web site. Please note that some jurisdictions may not allow the exclusion of implied warranties, so some of the above exclusions may not apply to you.
4. You will not use the Site:
(a) for the posting, uploading, emailing or other transmission of any material, the publication, dissemination, use or possession of which infringes the rights of any person or which is unlawful in any other respect;
(b) in any way which is abusive, defamatory or obscene or which will harass, distress or inconvenience any person or which might restrict or inhibit the use and enjoyment of the Site by any person;
(c) for the posting, uploading, emailing or other transmission of any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising, promotional materials, “junk mail,” “spam,” “chain letters,” “pyramid schemes,” or any other form of solicitation or commercial exploitation;
(d) for the posting, uploading, emailing or other transmission of any material that contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, restrict, destroy, limit the functionality of or compromise the integrity of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment;
(e) to create a database (electronic or otherwise) that includes material downloaded or otherwise obtained from the Site;
(f) to transmit or re-circulate any material obtained from the Site to any third party;
(g) in such a way so as to remove the copyright or trade mark notice(s) from any copies of any material made in accordance with these terms; or
(h) in any way that might bring LBHS into disrepute.
5. You hereby grant LBHS a non-exclusive, royalty-free, perpetual and worldwide licence to republish any material you submit, post, upload, email or otherwise transmit to them or to the Site in any format, including without limitation print and electronic format.
6. LBHS shall have the right to refuse to allow you access to any of the pages on the Site at any time and for any reason without giving you any advance notice and LBHS shall not be liable for any losses or damages whatsoever (other than losses or damages for death or physical injury arising out of the negligence of LBHS or its employees) arising from your inability to access any of the pages on the Site.
7. Whilst every effort has been taken to ensure the accuracy of the information provided by LBHS, its employees and agents in these pages, the contents of the Site are naturally subject to change from time to time. You are responsible for checking the accuracy of relevant facts and opinions given on the site before entering into any commitment based upon them.
8. LBHS cannot guarantee that your use of the Site will be free from error and/or uninterrupted. LBHS, the Senior Management Team, its employees and its representatives exclude, in so far as it is legally possible, all liability and responsibility for any damages (other than liability for death or physical injury arising out of the negligence of LBHS or its officers) including, but not limited to, indirect or consequential damages, damages for loss of opportunity or chance, or any damages whatsoever arising from use or loss of, data, or profits, whether in action of contract, negligence or other tortious action, arising out of, or in connection with, any information on the Site or any other Internet sites or the use thereof.
9. You acknowledge that communications via email or over the Internet can never be entirely reliable or secure and if you chose to communicate with LBHS through these mediums you accept that your messages might be lost or intercepted through no fault of LBHS.
10. Some of the pages on the Site include links to external third party websites. These links are included to give you the opportunity to access other pages that it is felt may be of interest or assistance to you. LBHS is not responsible for the content of these Internet sites. Furthermore, on some of the pages of those external websites you may be informed of the opportunity of entering into agreements with third parties. LBHS is not liable in relation to, and takes no responsibility for, any contract entered into by you with any third party.
11. Whilst effort has been taken to ensure that the Site is free from viruses, LBHS gives no warranties it will always be free from viruses and you are responsible for ensuring that you have installed adequate and up-to-date virus-checking software. LBHS excludes, in so far as it is legally possible, all liability and responsibility (other than liability for death or physical injury arising out of the negligence of LBHS or its officers) for any viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, restrict, destroy, limit the functionality of or compromise the integrity of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment or other material transmitted with or as part of the Site.
12. The names, images and logos identifying LBHS or third parties and their products and services, are the proprietary marks of LBHS, and/or may be the proprietary marks of third parties. Any use made of these marks may be an infringement of rights in those marks and LBHS reserves all rights to enforce such rights that it might have.
13. These terms may be varied from time to time. Please ensure that you review these terms and conditions regularly as you will be deemed to have accepted a variation if you continue to use the Site after any variation has been posted.
14. If any of these terms and conditions should be determined to be illegal, invalid or otherwise unenforceable, it shall be severed and deleted from the terms and conditions and the remaining terms and conditions shall survive, remain in full force and effect and continue to be binding and enforceable.
15. These terms and conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales. Any disputes arising from matters relating to the Site shall be exclusively subject to the jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
Lady Barn House School Ltd,. is registered with the Information Commissioner under the terms of the Data Protection Act 1998. For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998, the data controller is Lady Barn House School Ltd.
Lady Barn House School will ensure that:
Personal data are only used for the legitimate interests of Lady Barn House School and do not unduly prejudice the rights and freedoms of the individual in question
Personal data will be processed fairly and lawfully in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998
We will not process sensitive personal data without prior consent from the individual
A hard copy of all data held on an individual will be made available following the receipt of a written request from the data subject, subject to exemptions, on payment of the relevant fee
Information processed is accurate, relevant, current, up to date and not excessive
Personal data will be kept only for so long as is necessary for the specified purposes
We collect the minimum amount of information about you that is commensurate with providing you with a satisfactory service. This Policy indicates the type of processes that may result in data being collected about you. Your use of this website gives us the right to collect that information.
We may collect any or all of the information that you give us depending on the type of transaction you enter into, including your name, address, telephone number, fax number and email address, together with data about your use of the website. Other information that may be needed from time to time to process a request may also be collected as indicated on the website.
We use the information collected primarily to process the task for which you visited the website. Data collected by us is held in accordance with the Data Protection Act. All reasonable precautions are taken to prevent unauthorised access to this information. This safeguard may require you to provide additional forms of identity should you wish to obtain information about your account details.
Your Internet browser has the in-built facility for storing small files or “cookies” that hold information which allows a website to recognise your account. Our website takes advantage of this facility to enhance your experience. You have the ability to prevent your computer from accepting cookies but, if you do, certain functionality on the website may be impaired.
We do not disclose any personal information obtained about you from this website to third parties although we may use the information to keep in contact with you and inform you of developments associated with the School. You will be given the opportunity to remove yourself from any mailing list or similar device. If at any time in the future we should wish to disclose information collected on this website to any third party, it would only be with your knowledge and consent.
We may from time to time provide information of a general nature to third parties, for example, the number of individuals visiting our website or completing a registration form, but we will not use any information that could identify those individuals.