The ethos of the school is based upon family values, including having empathy and giving support to those people who are less fortunate than ourselves.
This charitable commitment continues to this day and each year we make significant contributions to local and national charities. We have a timetable of charitable activities which we honour each year.
The Charity Council is an elected body of pupils who meet on a regular basis to discuss and agree upon the charitable work of the school. We support certain charities annually and there is also scope for new charitable initiatives. The councillors are required to assist with the planning, publication and logistics of each charitable event.
Examples of charities supported:
- Harvest Festival - goods are gifted to Urban Outreach Project, Bolton (a charity that assists the homeless and those who are struggling in the Bolton area)
- Macmillan Cancer Support - PTA coffee morning
- Poppy Appeal
- Children in Need
- The Royal Manchester Children's Hospital & Ronald McDonald House, Manchester
- Together Trust, Cheadle (our neighbouring school which teaches children with special educational needs)
- Comic Relief / Sport Relief